Make your own Newspaper
You can create your own newspaper article with the Newspaper Clipping Generator. I saw this tip mentioned on Twitter by Tammy Worcester and made my own clipping to share with you, featuring how-to directions.
Think about how you can use this with your students:
- You can use this as a way to motivate or engage your students about a new project or assignment.
- Have your students create a clipping for a writing assignment.
- Have students create a clipping as part of their history assignment from the time period they are studying.
Create an article of your own:
- Go to Newspaper Clipping Generator
- Fill in the fields for...
Click the Generate button at the bottom of the page. (I clicked this button several times to see what my article looked like and kept on working until I was happy)
- Name of your newspaper (keep it short because only the first part of the title appears)
- Date of your article when you want it to appear
- Headline for your article (think of a catchy title)
- Your own news story (about 100-200 words)
How do you share your clipping?
- Click the Click here to save your newspaper. This saves your clipping as a .jpg file.
- Right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) on the image to copy it to your clipboard. In doing this, you can rename and shorten the title.
- You can either insert your image into a PowerPoint presentation, Word document, Video, Website, or blog.
There are other things you can do on this site like create your own clapper board.
Next Tip: Engaging Email